Pressure Activated Plungers
A one piece plunger incorporating machined grooves is fitted with chemical and abrasion resistant nylon split rings. The rings have an increased upper surface area, enabling dynamic pressure to expand them outwards increasing sealing and efficiency on the upstroke. The rings relax on the down stroke resulting in reduced compressive loading.
Multiple split rings allow controlled leakage and increased lubrication over the length of the plunger with each ring supporting a portion of the total fluid load. This makes the Pressure Activated Plunger ideal for efficient pumping of wells where lubrication is a problem such as with high water cut or sand laden fluids where a close fit plunger will not last. It is available in common sizes in 20, 40, and 60 ring designations.
Features & Advantages
- Spray metal coated plunger protects against corrosion and wear.
- Plunger has 0.005” ﬁt size to allow trash to pass by the plunger.
- Rings help to lift sand, trash and scale through the barrel.
- Plunger is manufactured from 1026 Carbon Steel tubing material.
- Plunger is spray metal coated with Nickel or Tungsten Carbide.
- Minimum thickness of spray metal is 0.010 in. per side.
- Plunger is available in 20, 40, or 60 rings.