Senior IT Technician
Q2 Artificial Lift Services is a Canadian based manufacturing company, specializing in bottom hole pump components. We provide our customers the best & longest lasting oilfield products in the industry.
Our Midland, TX location is currently seeking a Senior Level IT Technician. We are looking for someone with great interpersonal skills, to work closely (and remotely) with our team. Candidates should have great problem solving, prioritization, organization, and critical thinking skills, be able to communicate clearly, and help resolve issues quickly and correctly.
This is a fulltime position and may require occasional work or contact outside of regular business hours and some travel to remote sites will be required.
This position will require strong technical ability, and professional certifications (Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, etc) would be considered an asset, as would experience or certifications in SQL and SSRS.
If you are interested in developing your skills in a dynamic and fast paced environment, this is your chance to be part of a growing, international oilfield manufacturing and service company.
General Areas of Responsibilities:
- Configure and provide support for Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Hardware VPNs, Subnets, VLANs, SSLVPN,s RDP, Static Routes, PoE etc.
- Configure and provide support for network hardware including Cable/Fiber Modems, Routers, Layer 3 Switches, Wireless Access Points etc.
- Assist in the administration of VOIP telephone systems
- Provide support for ERP system, and various in house developed tools/packages
- Provide support to users (locally and remotely)
- Perform data entry and documentation for IT systems and inventory, including helpdesk tickets
- Support Windows 7 and 10 desktops/laptops, and provide support for IOS and Android devices
- Provide support for Microsoft Office suites
- Configure and deliver new equipment including laptops, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Install and configure various software packages, including AV and creative suites
- Provide support for print functionality (drivers, software issues, jams only)
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 20kg, and spend long periods standing or moving.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience in an office environment
- Experience with networking infrastructure (cabling, programming) would be an asset
- Hands on experience with computer hardware troubleshooting and repair
- Previous experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Office suites
- Previous experience in a helpdesk role (ticket creation/tracking, answering phones/emails)
- Experience in a manufacturing facility/company would be beneficial
- Must be fluent in English language, spoken and written.
Please provide cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and references with attention to Human Resources.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We would like to thank everyone for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.