Are you an experienced Supply Chain Manager that can see beyond just logistics and purchasing inventory? Is your goal to make a positive impact to the bottom line through recommendations to improve productivity and quality? If you are looking for your next career move to a growing, safety and quality focused company, then we want to hear from you.
The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for supervising, organizing and coordinating all aspects of the supply chain of raw and finished products, inbound and outbound. Accountable for maintaining control and accuracy over all goods inventories, including all transactions, procurement, planning, receiving, warehousing and shipping to ensure that material requirements for orders are efficiently fulfilled on-time. This position is also responsible to develop and manage all supplier relationships. Reporting directly to the Director of Manufacturing Operations with Shipper/Receiver Lead and Shipper/Receivers reporting to them.
- Manage end-to-end procurement process including sourcing, contract negotiating, quoting, purchase order placement, order acknowledgement and management of changes. Scope includes all goods and services purchased including materials used in production, aftermarket sales and services that support business operations.
- Responsible for supplier performance in terms of quality, cost and delivery requirements. Includes maintaining supplier scorecards and initiating improvement programs.
- Manage complete material planning process utilizing inventory data and historical aftermarket usage and forecasts, demand/supply balancing including inventory pipeline analysis, and recommended purchase requisitions for required materials.
- Ensures accurate inventory records and oversees cycle count program
- Assist in hire, directly supervise, train, discipline, and perform reviews for direct reports.
- Responsible for generating cost savings and supporting the efforts of the commodity management team as measured in purchase price variance and inventory levels that meet or exceed specified goals.
- Review and approve all material planning purchase requisitions and purchase orders in line with company approval matrix.
- Document key material planning and procurement processes; recommend and implement improvements.
- Oversee warehouse activities to ensure efficient and economical utilization of facilities for storing and distributing raw materials.
- Oversee logistics function to ensure economical and efficient freight operations.
- Participates as a management member of operations team in making cross-functional operational decisions and achieving cross-functional objectives such as lead time reduction and raw inventory turns.
- Apply and support lean manufacturing principles
- Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
- Develop and execute a sourcing strategy to meet the company’s business growth and sourcing requirements.
- Post-Secondary Education in Business, or Supply Chain Management an asset
- Minimum of five years’ experience in Inventory Control/Warehouse Management with progressive advancement in the field.
- Strong people management and organizational skills
- Strong management, communications and computer skills
- Experience in a complex and high paced manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Experience with Information systems and asset management
- Proficient with MS Office, Windows, and ERP systems
Q2 Artificial Lift Services (ALS) has 32 repair and service facilities located across the Canada and the U.S. Our service locations are supported by a world-class manufacturing operation (API & ISO Certified), plus a highly skilled engineering and optimization group. Q2 ALS manufactures high quality individual pump parts in the Oil and Gas Industry. We offer a complete product line of barrels, plungers, fittings, accessories and heat treated tubing needed for downhole pump installations.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. While we thank all applicants, we will contact only those selected for an interview. Note we do not accept calls/inquiries from agencies.