Are you a highly knowledgeable CNC machinist and experienced in directing a team? If your goal is to build a rewarding career with a growing, safety and quality focused company, then we want to hear from you!
Q2ALS requires immediately a CNC Lead / Programmer. This position is based in our new, state-of the-art Red Deer manufacturing facility. This is a critical, hands-on lead role of Q2's CNC cell. The successful applicant will be ready to take on the responsibility for the CNC team and its output. This position is a Monday to Friday day-shift, though the ability to work outside of these hours from time-to-time is required.
- Program, set up and operate CNC machining centres
- Interpret specs, blueprints and job orders for workers and assigns duties to CNC cell workers
- Monitor individual and cell production to ensure employee performance standards for quality, machine running time and production are met
- Train and direct CNC cell workers, ensuring all processes are followed
- Analyze cell production issues and recommend solutions
- Assist management team with technical manufacturing requirements such as programming, tools, instruction and training on set-up and operation
- Assist management team with continuous improvement initiatives
Qualifications & Experience:
- Must be experienced in CNC setups, programming and operation
- Strong technical CNC machining knowledge overall
- Minimum 3 years supervising machine operators
- Previous experience with Mazak CNC’s preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership skills to drive change and motivate team
APPLY: Please provide cover letter, resume, salary expectations via this posting.
Q2 Artificial Lift Services (ALS) has 32 repair and service facilities located across the Canada and the U.S. Our service locations are supported by a world-class manufacturing operation (API & ISO Certified), plus a highly skilled engineering and optimization group. Q2 ALS manufactures high quality individual pump parts in the Oil and Gas Industry. We offer a complete product line of barrels, plungers, fittings, accessories and heat treated tubing needed for downhole pump installations.
We would like to thank everyone for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.